What a mouthful!
Just like it’s name this cake is definitely a lot to take in. It’s moist, rich, chocolatey and the best part is it’s not loaded up with sugars and refined carbohydrates.
I found the recipe through the Merrymaker sisters, foodies from Australia.
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees celsius and line a 22cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Mix the raw cacao powder and water in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter together. Remove from heat.
- Add this to the large mixing bowl along with the coconut sugar, almond meal and egg yolks.
- Stir until well combined.
- In a mix master, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold this in to the chocolate mix carefully until just mixed through.
- Transfer the batter in to the prepared tin and place in to the oven for 1 hour.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before turning out.
- Arrange the raspberries on top of the cake and drizzle with chocolate ganache!
- Combine the raw chocolate and coconut cream in a small saucepan on low heat, stirring until smooth.