My beautiful friend Jazzman from Jazzman Nelson Kitchen Studio posted some drool worthy chocolate chip cookies on her Instagram page this week. Unfortunately I had none of the ingredients needed to make them, and I’m not one for waiting so I decided to come up with my own little version of these babies. And they were pretty darn good.
Makes: 16 cookies
1/2 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup cacao powder ( or good quality cocoa powder if you don’t have cacao)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp flaxseed ( I used whole, I like the surprise texture but you can also use ground)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2/3 cup sugar free choc chips or dark choc chips
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup almond milk
– Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
– Mix all of the dry ingredients into a bowl, excluding the choc chips.
– In a separate large bowl beat the milk and oil together for about 30 seconds. Add vanilla and sugar and beat for a further 30 seconds.
– Add all of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix for 30 seconds on a low setting.
– Fold in the choc chippies
– Spoon mixture out of bowl and shape into small balls on a greased or lined baking tray. They do not spread out too much so don’t worry about leaving a huge gap between cookies.
– Press lightly with a fork or hand and bake for about 12 minutes.