This recipe came from Dr Libby’s Brilliant Brassica Soup. I have adapted it slightly to suit my taste buds and it is delicious!
What I love about this meal is it includes a whole heap of greens that are full of antioxidants. It’s also such great value for money, so a cost effective way of feeding a family in a yummy nutritious way.
- 2 broccoli, heads and stems roughly chopped
- Bunch of Kale
- Bunch of Spinach
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped finely
- 4 cups of vegetable stock ( home made if you are into that)
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 handful of mint, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- In a large saucepan melt coconut oil and cook onion and celery on a low heat until soft and translucent.
- Add chopped broccoli and kale including the stems. Bring to the boil with the vegetable broth then reduce heat and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Add sea salt, chopped herbs and stir in coconut milk.
- Blend in a food processor or blender until smooth and pour back into the saucepan for reheating if needed